[FreeBSD 8.2 release] boot from dvd fails on Sun Fire T2000

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Thu Mar 10 21:59:23 UTC 2011

On 2011-Mar-09 14:51:41 -0600, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
>AFAIK sun4v support was never completed.  Someone, please correct me
>if I am wrong.

No, you're not wrong.

I had a look at it a couple of years ago but I can only allocate a
LDom guest to FreeBSD and FreeBSD has no support for any of the
virtualised devices.  Implementing the infrastructure to work with the
sun4v hypervisor is a non-trivial task and I never managed to make
any real progress.

I'm unaware of anyone else who has done anything in the past few years.

--
Peter Jeremy