problem installing 8.2 on Sun Blade 1000

Riccardo Veraldi riccardo.veraldi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 15:34:02 UTC 2011

Hello,
I have a Sun Blade 1000.
I tried to install FreeBSD 8.2 from CDROM and installation goes straight.
Installation exits and I got back to     {0} OK prompt

the problem is that I cannot type anything at the prompt because the
{0} OK prompt look freezed

so I power-cycle the workstation and when it restarts it tries so boot
from CDROM.

STOP-A

then if I set

setenv boot-device disk0:a

or

setenv boot-device disk1:a (both disks does exist and they are 18GB segate)

the system can't boot and the error is that the boot loader
/boot/loader    cannot be found

it looks like the loader is not installed or it is installed into
another path.

is there a way to fix this ?

The installation goes fine but the system won't boot

thank you very much

Rick