VIMAGE hang, USB panic

Michael Moll kvedulv at kvedulv.de
Sun Jul 25 20:01:14 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 10:32:52AM -0400, Nathaniel W Filardo wrote:
> I built r210441+d769a9c with and without VIMAGE; with VIMAGE the system gets
> as far through boot as enabling pf:
>
> > Starting pflog.
> > pflog0: promiscuous mode eEnabling pfnabled
> > Jul 25 09:12:06 pflogd[1883]: [priv]: msg PRIV_OPEN_LOG received
>
> and then seems to hang forever;

I'm facing a somewhat similar problem (kern/147769). A workaround is
to compile if_epair statically into the kernel. You could try to add
device pf
device pflog
to your kernel configuration and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, add
options	KDB
options	DDB
options BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
to your kernel configuration, then you can send a break signal and
generate a backtrace and/or dump for further analysis at the debugger.

Kind Regards
--
Michael Moll