ECC errors causing panic on Sun Fire V210

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 16:37:51 UTC 2010

Hi everyone.

I recently installed FreeBSD on my newly-acquired Sun Fire V210. In
the three days I've had it up, it has spontaneously rebooted 4 times.
The first 3 times I didn't catch any error messages on the serial
console (I had disconnected my laptop), but this morning it did it
again after I left my laptop hooked up. Here's what I saw:

panic: trap: corrected ecc error
cpuid = 0
[forgot to write this part, it was something like not being able to
find the dump device]
[starts rebooting in OBP]

It seems to me that the kernel should not be panicking when an ecc
error is *corrected*. Have any of you come across this before? I
attempted to search the archives but got an internal server error.

Thanks

John Floren
--
"With MPI, familiarity breeds contempt. Contempt and nausea. Contempt,
nausea, and fear. Contempt, nausea, fear, and .." -- Ron Minnich