UltraSparc III still busted - X server causes hang, current panics at boot

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Mar 25 06:25:14 PDT 2009

Right now x11 isn't buildable on sparc64-current no matter what the
machine (e.g. US-II as well).  We are in the middle of a great deal
of ports churn for various reasons.  I have asked for some help from
various port maintainers to fix the problems.  However, not everyone
has access to a sparc64 machine for testing.

Your best bet ATM may be to try the packages from 7.1R -- but even that's
a gamble.

mcl