can anyone make available the whole usIII source tree from perforce please

Craig Butler craig001 at lerwick.hopto.org
Wed Feb 4 06:16:39 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 23:07 +0100, Marius Strobl wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 01:41:10PM +0000, Craig Butler wrote:
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > I am trying to compile and test out Marius's cassini drivers, I have
> > created a module Makefile and can compile the module against head
> > cvsup'd last night.
> >
> > However head buildkernel doesn't compile correctly on the sparc64
> >

> <...>
>

> > I would like to try it against the perforce source tree... Can someone
> > please tar it up and make it available.
>
> I use the perforce tree merely for dumping so it isn't guaranteed
> to compile as a whole either. FYI, I've added glue for FreeBSD <
> 800016 to cas(4) so you can use it with 7.1 as you initially
> intended. There's a strange panic in the mii(4) code when loading
> it as a module which I haven't looked at so far though, so I
> suggest to build it statically into the kernel for now.
>
> Marius

Hi Marius,

Thanks for all your hard work and pointers so far.  I have compiled and
installed the new kernel (cas is statically compiled in).  Unfortunately
its panic'ing on boot with the following;

cas0: <Sun Cassini+ Gigabit Ethernet> at device 10.0 on pci0
panic: trap: memory address not aligned
cpuid = 0
Uptime: 1s

Is there a work around for that ? am I able to get anymore detail on the
trap ?

Kind Regards

Craig Butler