sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when accessing NFS

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Dec 28 21:50:05 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/142102; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>
To: Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala at hinterbergen.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org,
	Marius Strobl <marius at alchemy.franken.de>
Subject: Re: sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when
	accessing NFS
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:44:21 -0600

 On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:40:47PM +0100, Manuel Tobias Schiller wrote:
 > Another question springs to mind: If /usr goes across NFS, most traffic
 > arriving at the NFS server should be reading, right?

 Yes, as a matter of fact, all the traffic on the Netras is r/o.

 However, on the 280R that I have at home, I updated an entire ports
 tree over an NFS-mounted /usr mounted r/w.  That's the machine I'll
 check in a few days.

 mcl