sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when accessing NFS

Manuel Tobias Schiller mala at hinterbergen.de
Mon Dec 28 16:00:09 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/142102; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala at hinterbergen.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, mala at hinterbergen.de
Subject: Re: sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when
 accessing NFS
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:40:04 +0100

 Dear all,

 the fix I gave in the original problem report appears to be incomplete;
 the kernel still crashes sometimes during NFS access due to improper
 alignment, this time in sys/nfsserver/nfs_srvsubs.c, line 1355. I will
 try to continue debugging the issue and report back with any fixes I
 manage to obtain.

 Best regards,

 Manuel

 --