V480R: panic: schizo_attach: could not register interrupt controller for CDMA (17)

Gavin Atkinson gavin at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 26 22:18:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,
(marius@ cc'd as the panic was introduced with r185133)

I'm seeing this panic on a V480r I'm netbooting:

panic: schizo_attach: could not register interrupt controller for CDMA (17)

I've stuck the full verbose dmesg of the panic with SCHIZO_DEBUG set at
http://people.freebsd.org/~gavin/v480r/boot-panic

If I replace the call to panic() with a printf() (patch I'm using is at
http://people.freebsd.org/~gavin/v480r/schizo.diff ) then the machine will
boot fully and soesn't seem to show any issues.  I've put the dmesg from a
successful boot at
http://people.freebsd.org/~gavin/v480r/boot-withpatch

Ss, I guess my question is: is the panic in the code appropriate for all
Schizo busses, or just the first one?  Two of the four Schizo busses do
not seem to list this interrupt as one available on the bus.

Output of "prtconf -pPv" here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~gavin/v480r/prtconf-pPv

Gavin