sound on blade 1500?

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Dec 25 02:33:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 02:19:25AM +0000, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:

> > no change. I don't think the issue is in volume, because
> > it's not just quiet, but completely silent. I suspect
> > the cd output is just not going anywhere
>
> apparently I need an audio cable...
>
> got one of a PC, plugged one end to the CDR, but
> can't find where to plug the other end on the motherboard..
>
> I'getting more stupid by the minute..

I've found the 1500 motherboard diagram:

http://www.sunshack.org/data/sh/2.1.8/infoserver.central/data/syshbk/Devices/System_Board/SYSBD_SunBlade1500.html

Is "CD-IN (Not used)", in the mid left, my connector?
Probably not, the PC audio cable doesn't fit there.

many thanks
anton

--
Anton Shterenlikht