machfb(4) and creator(4) missing?

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 20:08:56 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 07:35:32PM +0000, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 07:29:52PM +0000, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> > On
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/CURRENT/hardware/proc.html#PROC-SPARC64
> >
> > a mention is made of machfb(4) driver. However, the link is dead,
> > and I cannot find any mention of this driver on my current
> > machines.
> >
> > Can somebody please clarify?
>
> creator(4) link also leads to:
>
> 	 Sorry, no data found for `creator(4)'.

The web interface seems to lack "Architecture" type. The machfb(4)
and creator(4) are installed only on sparc64 so if you have sparc64
installed system just use man(1) instead of web interface.
I don't know who is responsible to add the cgi interface for the
man page but adding architecture to the interface wouldn't be hard.
You can check other man pages in the following location if you have
no clue what you have to read.

/usr/src/share/man/man4/man4.sparc64