trouble installing to sun blade 1500

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Tue Dec 1 21:51:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 04:57:52PM +0000, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 05:27:11PM +0100, Gheorghe Ardelean wrote:
> >

> > Hello Anton ... to FreeBSD sparc64,
> >
> > > I get to OK prompt, type "boot cdrom", but the process
> > > stops after a few seconds with:
> > >
> > > 	jumping to kernel entry at 0xc0088000.

You're using an unsupported framebuffer (see the release notes).

> > I think supported system means that it is working at least via serial
> > console (this is the case e.g for Plain Ultra 1).
> >
> > So when I see something like this I hook-up a serial console and try over
> > it.
>
> ok, 8.0 installation went fine.
>
> On reboot I get this panic (typed by hand):
>
> 	Entropy harvesting: interrupts ethernet point_to_pointpanic: trap: memory
> 	address not aligned
>
> 	Automatic reboot in 15 seconds
>
> Any advice?

This unfortunately isn't sufficient information and my Blade 1500
doesn't exhibit this problem. Could you please put the full dmesg
output online somewhere (this should be easy to capture when
using a serial console)? Can you boot to single user?