sparc64 and amr LSILogic MegaRAID 1.53

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Fri Apr 10 12:19:44 PDT 2009

Hello,

I wonder if the amr(4) driver should work on sparc64. I see in the
GENERIC that amr is commented. Is this due to not working anymore, or is
this entry just an artifact and the driver did never work?

I have here a HP NetRAID-1Si PCI card and tried the amr driver. The
first try failed due to amr calling bus_dma_tag_create with a NULL as
first argument. Fixing this gets me some steps further with a frozen
machine w/o bt.

none0 at pci0:0:4:1:       class=0x010400 card=0x03a2113c chip=0x19608086
rev=0x05
hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
     device     = '80960RP i960RP Microprocessor'
     class      = mass storage
     subclass   = RAID

u60# kldload amr
amr_pci_probe: called
amr_pci_probe: called
amr0: <LSILogic MegaRAID 1.53> mem 0x4400000-0x47fffff at device 4.1 on pci0
amr_pci_attach: called
amr0: busmaster bit not set, enabling
amr0: [ITHREAD]
amr_setup_mbox: called
amr_sglist_helper: called
amr_sglist_map: called
amr_sglist_helper: called
amr_sglist_helper: called
amr_attach: called

Hangs, hardreset here.

My question, is this amr(4) driver in its current implementation thought
to work on sparc64, or is it only for LE systems?

If it was working once, I'm interested to get it back working, well just
for learning purpose.

TIA,

Regards,
Andreas