SUN Fire V250

Craig Butler craig001 at lerwick.hopto.org
Tue Oct 28 11:19:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 07:25 +0100, Arek Czereszewski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On next week I will get SUN Fire v250 machine.
> I thinking about installation FreeBSD on this machine.
> Have someone experience with FreeBSD on this machine?
>
> Best Regards
> Arek

Hello Arek

I fear not, the processors inside the v250 are Ultrasparc III which is
unsupported as of FreeBSD 7.

Recently people have been working on integrating the US III--  Marius
Strobl has released a image with basic support for processor.  The V250
was not mentioned on his email.

Feel free to look through the archives the subject you are looking for
is USIII support.  The image is available at;

http://people.freebsd.org/~marius/8.0-20081011-SNAP-sparc64-disc1.iso.gz

Please bear in mind that it is a work in progress (and much appreciated)
and it may not even work on your V250.

Regards

Craig B