Free Ultra2 in Silicon Valley, USA

Miles Nordin carton at Ivy.NET
Wed Nov 12 12:38:54 PST 2008

>>>>> "ms" == Marius Strobl <marius at alchemy.franken.de> writes:

    ms> I couldn't get the firmware of mine to netboot.

'boot net:dhcp' that you're often advised to type silently tries to
boot by RARP without complaining about the :dhcp.  I gave up trying to
boot with DHCP.  meh.

of course freebsd 'loader' will still want dhcp, so you need to have
rarp + tftp running on the same machine to provide 'loader' to the
firmware, and also a dhcp server running somewhere.  you do not need a
bootparams server.  iirc 'loader' will quietly use either tftp or nfs
to load all it's config and forth bootstrap and kernel and modules.