7.0R panic in nfs_readdirrpc()

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Sat Jul 26 16:06:56 UTC 2008

On Jul 25, 2008, at 8:53 PM, Hiroki Sato wrote:

> Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt at mac.com> wrote
>  in <BDB0D269-FA6E-4017-B1B7-12872207DB56 at mac.com>:
>
> xc>
> xc> On Jul 25, 2008, at 12:10 AM, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> xc>
> xc> > Almost the same panic occurred on sparc64, too.  Memory
> alignment
> xc> > issue?
> xc>
> xc> Yes. The exception is for a 4-byte load on a 1-byte aligned
> xc> (i.e. odd) address. This is a code bug.
> xc>
> xc> I can't remember having these issues with NFS. Can you tell
> xc> me more about your configuration?
>
> Yes, it was 7.0R/i386 (server)<->7.0R/ia64 (client), mounted over
> TCP.  Doing "cvs co src" from the server triggered the panic.  I
> tried NFS over UDP (default) and one over TCP, the former has no
> problem under the same load.

Similar to me:
o   i386/7-STABLE server,
o   ia64/8-CURRENT client (which at the time of 7-release was
     therefore running 7-release).
o   I switched from UDP to TCP when TCP became default.

I guess if UDP vs TCP is the problem, then it must be fixed
already because I don't see the misalignment panics. I just
don't know when it was fixed...

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com