Dead Sparc

Didrik Madheden didrik at kth.se
Sun Jul 20 22:47:29 UTC 2008

During my experiments I happened to put in other RAM bricks from a PC. And
then the Sparc died. (Died as in won't even make the PSU fan start
spinning any more) Even if I put back the original RAM. The original RAM
was 133 MHz, and the other one was 100 MHz.
I don't see how that would kill the computer, probably it was just the PSU
that died co-incidentally. (I'll try manually starting the PSU later)
Still, it's a strange coincidence. Anyone else had problems when putting
in other RAM bricks?

/Didrik Madheden