freebsd update problem

Royce Williams royce at alaska.net
Tue Jun 5 18:52:34 UTC 2007

Kris Kennaway wrote, on 6/4/2007 5:05 PM:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:17:04PM -0400, Johan wrote:
>> update1.freebsd.com only maintain these platforms :
>>
>> Index of /6.2-RELEASE
>>
>>    * Parent Directory
>>    * amd64
>>    * i386
>
> AFAIK there is no support for freebsd update on sparc.

That is correct.  Colin queried this list about interest in
freebsd-update for sparc a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard what
came of it.

I know that this is probably beyond the scope of what Johan wanted to
do, but someone *really* ambitious could make their own server and
build their own updates.

http://cvsup.pt.freebsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/projects/freebsd-update-server/

Wish I had time right now ... :)

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                - IP Engineering, ACS
personal: [first]@alaska.net                  - PGP: 3FC087DB/1776A531