freebsd-update/sparc64 and buildworld statistics

Royce Williams royce at alaska.net
Wed Feb 7 03:22:06 UTC 2007

cperciva told me recently that he could start building the patches for
freebsd-update for sparc64 today -- if he had access to a Sun with
enough oomph to buildworld in under an hour.

When he said this, I realized that I have no good feel for how long it
would actually take on the various supported systems.

Is anyone interested in tracking buildworld times for various FreeBSD
versions and architectures?  Now that wiki.FreeBSD.org is in
production, maybe it could go there -- or we could keep it elsewhere.

I'd throw down the gauntlet, but the single drive in my U30 died
recently. :(  If anyone's interested in posting the results of 'time
make buildworld' and a dmesg, I'd be happy to put them somewhere
accessible and simple.

Royce

FreeBSD - The SPARC to Serve
http://www.alaska.net/~royce/gfx/the-SPARC-to-serve.jpg