FreeBSD newbie w/Sun Blade 100

Adolph Alvarez aalvarez66 at cox.net
Sun Jul 2 04:36:54 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I've been given a Sun Blade 100 and was interested in installing
FreeBSD.  I have installed 5.4 on a Dell PC before but found that Xfree
didn't support the graphics chipset on this particular box so I gave
up.  I have much more experience installing and using Solaris and while
long, it's pretty much automated and relatively painless.  Since my
Blade is going on 6 years, I was wondering about the status of  the
Sparc64 version of FreeBSD and if it fully supports this model.  I've
got some friends who've loaded BSD on PCs and they swear by it so I'd
love to get it to run on my Sun.

Thanks,

A. Alvarez