Porting FreeBSD to Niagara

Kip Macy kip.macy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 22:07:08 PST 2006

Seeing another hypervisor become available is quite exciting. I'm sure the
FreeBSD community would love to have any help you can provide in getting
FreeBSD up and going on the sun4v.

Sun is already being quite helpful in providing hardware and Yahoo will also
be hosting a couple of boxes to facilitate a port. The device models should
be available shortly. Unfortunately, the domaining API won't be publicly
available for a couple of months. I don't think it will be that much work to
get FreeBSD up as an unprivileged guest.

      -Kip