sparc64 setPQL2() [Re: cvs commit: www/en/projects/ideas index.sgml]

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Mon Dec 25 15:56:50 PST 2006

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006, Marius Strobl wrote:
> The results are not exactly compelling though I don't mind
> committing that setPQL2() implementation.
> Gavin, do you have different implementaion or results (better
> application...)?

The machine I did this on is currently offline, but I'm pretty sure your
patch is exactly the same as mine was.  I remember not being impressed
with the performance change, but I don't remember it being negative (on
both an Ultra 5 and a dual CPU E250).  When I'm near the box again I'll
compare and benchmark the patch with yours.

Gavin