pthread_mutex_timedlock on sparc64

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Apr 20 20:53:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 04:46:27PM -0400, Miles Nordin wrote:

>     kk> (libc_r, libpthread, libthr).
>
> so these three are mutually exclusive?

They are different, incompatible pthread implementations, yes.

> Isn't libkse a fourth option,
> when it starts working?  Which is which (1:N, 1:1, MxN)?

libkse is the same code as what is installed as libpthread on other
architectures (i.e. M:N), but since it doesn't work on sparc it is not
not installed as libpthread (libthr or libc_r are depending on
version).

>     kk> cc -pthread links to whatever version is specified by the
>     kk> user.
>
> but...I'm the user.  I specify how?  Are you supposed to always
> specify -lpthread at build time and then configure with libmap.conf?

-pthread, not -lpthread.  But yes, libmap.conf or equivalent
mechanisms (see manpage).

Kris