opensolaris and freebsd

Brett D. Estrade estrabd at mailcan.com
Thu Jun 16 18:29:48 GMT 2005

I have been using FreeBSD on x86 since 4.4, and I just purchased an old
Ultra 60 to replace an old x86 machine that is on its way out (low
volume webserver).  I am preparing to install 5.4 on this Ultra 60, and
happened upon the OpenSolaris project while looking for background info.

My question is, will the FreeBSD Sparc64 project be able to benefit from
the code released through OpenSolaris or are Sun's standards and ways of
doing things already open enough to where the Sparc64 project has no
need for any info that may be gleaned from this code?

Thanks,
Brett