SUCCESS: Sun Blade 100 with Firewire-attached HDD (IEEE 1394)

Ralf-Philipp Weinmann weinmann at cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jun 6 21:40:47 GMT 2005

Hi list,

I've applied Marius Strobl's patch (posted to this list on May 15, 2005,
see [1]) for the firewire controller used in the Sun Blade 100's against
a 5.4R and have attached and successfully tested a HDD in an external
Firewire enclosure the last couple of days.

Works great! Thanks Marius!

The FreeBSD/sparc64 5.4R Hardware Notes list this machine as "fully
supported" (section 2.1). This seems odd to me, since it is clearly NOT
 the case. Without this patch, the controller simply wasn't initialized
correctly.

Cheers,
Ralf

[1] http://alchemy.franken.de/~marius/fwohci.diff