sparc64 X and kbd keyboard driver

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Fri Jul 15 21:46:32 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 13 of July 2005 19:32, Matthias Muthmann wrote:
> Am Montag, den 20.06.2005, 18:56 +0200 schrieb Dejan Lesjak:
> > Thanks to changes from marius, I seem to have working X on Ultra5 (with
> > type5 keyboard) now. So I started playing with kbd driver a bit and so
> > far it works for me. The patch is the same that I already sent a while
> > ago:
>
> Xorg fixed the error for themselves.
> I took their patch and removed the old patches and it works perfect!
> All of the sun-special keys work (but I think they are not used anyway).

I tried it also and can confirm it works. Excellent :)

> My keyboard-config is
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>    Option      "Protocol"   "standard"
>    Driver      "kbd"
>    Option      "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
>    Option      "XkbRules"   "sun"
>    Option      "XkbModel"   "type5"
>    Option "XkbLayout"  "de"
> EndSection

Which is the same as for 'keyboard' driver so there will be no confusion with
differing settings...

> But I have one problem with my keyboard: The lights for Caps Lock, Num
> Lock and Scroll Lock don't work with X... don't know why.

I tried adding same part of code used by 'keyboard' driver and then tried a
couple of variations on the theme. Didn't get it to work. Then I tried
'keyboard' driver and leds apparently don't work there either. I didn't even
notice that before...

Since xorg-server port works on sparc64 as it is now, I'd try to avoid bumping
revision for this change only for now and if possible bundle it with possible
other fixes should any be needed before ports are frozen for FreeBSD 6.0
release. If no other fixes are needed I'd commit this and bump revision just
before the freeze so there are updated packages for release. How does this
sound?

Dejan