sparc64 X and kbd keyboard driver

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Mon Jul 11 12:36:13 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 06 of July 2005 21:51, Matthias Muthmann wrote:
> Am Montag, den 20.06.2005, 18:56 +0200 schrieb Dejan Lesjak:
> > Thanks to changes from marius, I seem to have working X on Ultra5 (with
> > type5 keyboard) now. So I started playing with kbd driver a bit and so
> > far it works for me. The patch is the same that I already sent a while
> > ago:
> >
> > http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg/patch-bsd_KbdMap.c.2
>
> snip
>
> Hi,
>
> I just tried out the patch and it works, but not completely with a
> german layout. The good thing is, that most keys work when I add
> Option "XkbLayout"  "de"
> to your config, but I'm missing the keys for the German umlaute, like
> äöü and ß.
> Thank's again for the patch.
>
> Btw: I have a ultra10, freebsd 5.4 and a german type5c keyboard.

Hm, this might be a silly question, but just in case... Could this be problem
with font - did you only try in xterm or also in some other applications with
different fonts? Does running xev show "odiaresis" and other characters on
those keys in right places?
I've tried setting XkbLayout to "de" and in gedit (for example) I do get the
right characters at least according to this picture:
http://carbon.cudenver.edu/~tphillip/GermanKeyboardLayout.html

With "en" layout (or no explicit layout setting), do you get proper response
from those keys?

At least we're getting closer :)

Dejan