Xwindows on Ultra60..

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Thu Jan 20 07:44:39 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 04:00:22PM -0500, Aaron Dudek wrote:

Sorry for the late reply.

> I've built the kernal and included the creator device.
> I'm running 5.3 and I am currently trying to install the 6.8.1 port.
> I don't think I've done syscons yet. I'll work on getting that done. I

Basically remove ofw_console, sab and zs from your kernel config file
and add creator, KBD_INSTALL_CDEV, sc, puc and uart instead. Before
booting the new kernel enable ttyvX in /etc/ttys and make sure the
input-device and output-device Open Firmware system config parameters
are set to keyboard and screen respectively. For moused_type in
/etc/rc.conf use "mousesystems" and for moused_port "/dev/uart3" in
FreeBSD 5, "/dev/cuau3" in -current.

> just notice that when I run xorgconfig that none of the sun cards are in
> the card database. That is why I was curious if I needed to compile the
> source manually.

As mentioned earlier I don't think the keyboard will work with Xorg
6.8.1 which uses the "kbd" driver by default. You would have to compile
6.8.1 manually with the old "keyboard" driver (disabled by default)
or add support for Sun keyboards to the FreeBSD specific part of the
"kbd" driver. The xorg-server-6.7.0_9 port however still used the
"keyboard" driver by default and should work out of the box with the
mentioned config file.