Memory modified after free 0xfffff8001b210e00(504) val=deadc0dd @ 0xfffff8001b21

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Sep 28 09:10:10 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:31:03AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 September 2004 03:12 am, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > I just got this panic on an SMP sparc package machine running 6.0:
> > >
> > > Memory modified after free 0xfffff8001b210e00(504) val=deadc0dd @
> > > 0xfffff8001b210f20 panic: Most recently used by file desc
>
> Unfortunately it's hard to track these down as we really need to know where it
> was free'd() from and UMA/malloc do not currently have the ability to tell us
> that.

What scares me is he keeps sending them here to the sparc64 list and I
haven't seen him send any to other lists...  [ Just kidding Kris! :-]

But ...  Where might a file desc structure be mis-handled that would
be specific to sparc64?  That's what is a little scary...

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |