Strange timing problems with BETA7

Herve Boulouis amon at sockar.homeip.net
Mon Oct 18 02:24:58 PDT 2004

Le 15/10/2004 à 17:46, Marius Strobl a écrit:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 05:33:29PM +0200, Herve Boulouis wrote:
> > Le 15/10/2004 à 15:57, Marius Strobl a écrit:
> > >
> > > Are there other problems like time elapsing too fast on that machine?
> >
> > I've not really paid attention to that so I will keep an eye on it
> > and I'll tell you in a few hours.
> >

> Thanks. But unfortunately I got it backwards, time would have to elapse
> too slow if it is the problem that I'm suspecting.

Well, after 2 days of uptime and some activity all the symptoms are gone,
and no date problems.

The thing I don't understand is that I cvsuped on Oct 14, rebooted with
new world & kernel, left the machine running for 12 hours, saw the problems
(stucked ping & netstat, power cycle necessary to reboot, ...) reappear, rebooted the
box Oct 15 and nothing since. The only thing I changed on the last reboot was
to put back debug.mpsafenet to 1.

In all cases thanks to all for your help.

--
Herve Boulouis