Strange timing problems with BETA7

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Oct 14 05:53:31 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 11:46:47AM +0200, Herve Boulouis wrote:

> I'm having very strange stability problems with BETA7 which seems related to timing/clock :
>
> Hardware is a Netra t 1125 with 2 CPU.
>
> Symptoms :

Can you please do:

	dmesg | grep -i time

This might have something to do with the recent timecounter changes.
I get this for output on an E250 with dual processors:

initializing counter-timer
Timecounter "counter-timer" frequency 1000000 Hz quality 100
Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec

I'm worried that you might not have 'counter-timer'.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |