capabilities

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sat Nov 20 09:31:12 PST 2004

I want to put FreeBSD on my Sparc Ultra60, which is equipped with 2
processors.  Does FreeBSD on the Sparc currently make use of the second
processor?

I implemented a threading packager once on a Sparc, and I'm keenly
interested if FreeBSD has found any way to in any manner overcome the
piggish context-switching cost of the Sparc ... curious, curious.

If you tell me that smp works, I hope to install it today.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).