Sun Fire V100... No Internal Clock?

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Sat Nov 13 13:51:26 PST 2004

Same for me (Netra X1)

rtc0: <DS1287 Real Time Clock> at port 0x70-0x71 on isa0
rtc0: mc146818_attach: rega: 0x20
rtc0: mc146818_attach: regb: 0x6

/Xavier
Le 11 nov. 04, à 23:58, Matthew T. Lager a écrit :

> Hey buddy!
>
> That worked...
>
> rtc0: <DS1287 Real Time Clock> at port 0x70-0x71 on isa0
> rtc0: mc146818_attach: rega: 0x20
> rtc0: mc146818_attach: regb: 0x6
>
> Running FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
>
> Clock seems to stay accurate even during a complete powerdown. Need any
> more info?
>
> Matt Lager
>
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 03:54:57PM -0800, Matthew T. Lager wrote:
>>> I have a Sun Fire V100. FreeBSD 5.3 works perfectly on it but whe it
>>> boots
>>> it says it can't find an internal clock and the time wouldn't be set
>>> correctly. Does this mean that the system doesn't have an internal
>>> clock
>>> or should I just use ntp or somthing?
>>>

>> See:
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2004-September/
>> 002111.html
>>
>> Would be great if you could give it a try and report failure or
>> success
>> and the requested debugging info as there was no feedback so far.

Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
President of Kazar Organization : http://www.kazar.net/
Please visit http://caudium.net/, home of Caudium & Camas projects