Gee whiz I'd like to hack FreeBSD/sparc64.. ;)

R. Tyler Ballance tyler at tamu.edu
Thu Nov 4 02:22:09 PST 2004

Howdy there, I've been listening in on this list,  I also listen in on
the NetBSD/sparc64 list (I run NetBSD on my Ultra2, FreeBSD doesn't
support it :/)

Anyways, as you can probably tell by the email address, I'm in college,
and I'd be interested in hacking around on FreeBSD under sparc64 (don't
want to toy with FreeBSD/i386, I'd be too tempted to use my production
server for building/testing :P)

Problem being, FreeBSD doesn't support the SCSI controller (IIRC) on
Ultra2's, so I'm wondering where I could acquire a low priced
Ultra5/10/anythingthatwouldwork ;)

I'm on campus, so the university "pays" (ok, I do really) for bandwidth,
electricity, and A/C, so none of that is a problem, just _getting_ the
machine is.

Anybody have an idea?

-R. Tyler Ballance