sun ultra 10 console question

Jeronimo Romero jromero at romero3000.com
Mon May 10 08:21:02 PDT 2004

OK. So I borrowed a sun ultra 10 workstation. Installed bsd on it
without a problem through serial console, but I noticed someting
interesting and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.
When I first got it and started playing with it I noticed that the
system console displayed sun os bootup messages at the console with
extremely oversized fonts. The boot messages did not fit in the screen
properly.Everything at the console seemed extremely blown up. First I
thought itwas the openboot firmware. So i went into the firmware and
configured the rows and columns to be 34x80. reset the machine ...
didn't work.then i reset openboot to factory defaults. then i changed my
vga output to another monitor. nothing changed. anybody know why the
system console could be displaying such a disproportionately large
system console??? i'm not on this list so please CC me :)