64-bit time_t safe lease time

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon Jun 28 09:55:38 PDT 2004

Joerg Wunsch <j at ida.interface-business.de> writes:
> As Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > The attached patch addresses these inconsistencies, but I have not
> > verified that it corrects the 64-bit time_t problem.
> It seems to work, too.  I backed out Martin Blapp's previous + my
> GET_TIME() patch, and applied your one.  I get a few compilation
> warnings:

I believe these warnings are unrelated to the patch.  there are plenty
of places that use int32_t or even worse u_int32_t to hold time.
items from dhcpd.h that look suspicious to me include:

  lease_state.expiry
  lease_state.renewal
  lease_state.rebind
  client_config.requested_lease
  set_time()
  nsupdateA()
  nsupdatePTR()

I've attached a patch that includes the previous one and also fixes
some of the above.  it builds with zero warnings on i386, and one
(unrelated) on alpha.

unfortunately, time_t is not the only source of trouble for isc-dhcp
on 64-bit platforms.  parts the code also seem to assume that pointers
are 32-bit (this triggers the aforementioned warning on alpha).

btw, none of this actually gets to the dhcp lists since they are
subscriber-only and I don't particularly feel like subscribing, so all
my emails bounce.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no