** HEADS UP ** DO NOT UPDATE and 'make world' YOUR SPARCS

Garance A Drosehn drosihn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 07:15:34 GMT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, David O'Brien <obrien at freebsd.org> wrote:

> It was safe to do a new buildworld/installworld after I committed the
> patch to work around the issue on 2004-06-19.  Thomas's commit did not
> change the state of "safeness", but allowed me to later remove the work
> around.

Well, I finally got a clean buildworld/installworld on
freebsd/sparc64, and rebooted, and it does seem to be working fine.
No problems.  I just had a run of bad-timing there, where each time
that I picked to do a buildworld just happened to be right after some
commit which broke the build.

But it seems to be fine right now.  Thanks.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn
Senior Systems Programmer