** HEADS UP ** DO NOT UPDATE and 'make world' YOUR SPARCS

Garance A Drosehn drosihn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 22:53:41 GMT 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, David O'Brien <obrien at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I've hit an issue that I suspect can render your machine useless if you
> install a new binutils.
>
> I suggest not installing a new userland world until you see the "ALL
> CLEAR".

So, is it safe to do a new buildworld/installworld after the fixes
that were recently committed by Thomas?  I "rushed" (*) a sparc64
buildworld together as soon as I saw that commit, but the new kernel
panic'ed when I tried to boot into it.  So, I didn't even get far
enough to install the new userland.

That panic might have been an error on my part, but I thought I would
ask before making another attempt.

(* - well, as much as I can "rush" a buildworld on an Ultra-10...)