Newer installworld_nk script (64-bit time_t)

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Jan 26 14:27:38 PST 2004

At 11:40 AM +0100 1/26/04, Harti Brandt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>your script looks fine, although I could not test it - I just
>have no time at the moment to re-create a 32-bit time_t version
>on my sparc. I'd say its time now to through the switch.

I do not think we are quite ready yet.  We need to have a larger
test group than a dozen people (IMO).

For instance, someone just sent me a message about their attempt
to upgrade, and it appears that my instructions are not complete
enough for people who are doing an upgrade via NFS-mounted
directories.  I was afraid we might see some problems in that
situation, and it seems that we do.

So, we have a little more work to do before making the switch...

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu