Driver Problem

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Aug 20 18:58:24 PDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 03:43:39AM +0500, mahendran at asianet.co.in wrote:

>              I installed freebsd 5.1 sparc64 on e250 server . but it didnt take the eth card . the eth port is available in RSC card . the following error i am getting
>
> dmesg | grep nexus
> nexus0: <OpenFirmware Nexus device>
> nexus0: <associations>, type (unknown) (no driver attached)
> pcib0: <U2P UPA-PCI bridge> on nexus0
> pcib1: <U2P UPA-PCI bridge> on nexus0
> nexus0: <rsc>, type system-service-processor (no driver attached)
> nexus0: <mc>, type memory-controller (no driver attached)
>
> if possible can u give me the patch or driver to rectify theproblem

As far as I know there is no driver for the ethernet port that is
on the RSC card.

The E250 servers I have use the onboard HME interface:

hme0: <Sun HME 10/100 Ethernet> mem 0x8000-0xffff at device 1.1 on pci0
miibus0: <MII bus> on hme0
hme0: Ethernet address: 08:00:20:d2:1c:2f

Are you having a problem with that interface?

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |