SNAP-20040727

Gheorghe Ardelean ardelean at ww.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Aug 2 15:23:35 PDT 2004

> Gheorghe Ardelean wrote:
> > Hi,

> >>Yes, but if I recall correctly it will not work with all Ultra1's.  I
> >>think it will work with Ultra1's that have the wide-SCSI connector on
> >>the back, not the ones that have the narrow-SCSI connector.  But I
> >>might not have understood correctly.
> >

> > On my Ultra 1 is not working (the SCSI connector on the back is a HD
> > 50pins one)! Here is the boot message:
>
> Is this an Ultra1 or Ultra1E?  The former will not work since neither
> the scsi nor network drivers work with it yet.

It's just and Ultra 1, I've just added a Qlogic 1000 SBUS adapter to it
(Wide SCSI Differential) but unfortunately I don't have now a HVD disk handy.
I tink this adapter it's supported (the isp device has an SBUS atachement
since 2002). I'll try to install on a HVD drive so that when time comes It
will be a good test machine for esp and lnc drivers. :-)

Johny.