'make installworld' can't find /usr/bin/touch?

James Snow snow at teardrop.org
Thu Apr 22 07:33:39 PDT 2004

This was indeed the cause of the problem. Thanks again.

Summary for those searching the lists:

'make installworld' was failing like so:

>>> Installing everything..
cd /usr/src; make -f Makefile.inc1 install
===> share/info
===> include
creating osreldate.h from newvers.sh
touch: not found
*** Error code 127

The time on the machine was a little over a month in the
past. (Brand new install, still setting it up.) Synchronizing
the clock and doing a 'make clean && make buildworld && ...'
fixed the problem.

-Snow