Req review: OF_decode_addr()

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Tue Sep 2 11:07:19 PDT 2003

Thomas Moestl wrote this message on Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 17:40 +0200:
> There are apparently cases where the #foo-cells properties are
> missing; a sane default should be 2. Of course, there might also be
> problems with the usual firmware quirks.

This is specificly stated in the documentation that if said -cells is
missing, to use a certain value.  I don't have that handy, but would
be willing to help write a generic version of this code.

I also noticed that as you said, we don't do any mapping for any
intervening busses.

> > I'm not sure it's important to have that right away or if we can
> > commit this and deal with that later?
>
> Just commit it. I can take a stab at implementing a more general
> version later if you'd like (but it could take a month or so before
> I will get to do it).

Or I can help you.  Maybe I should send you my ofwfs code that I've
never commited that has a more generic version of getting addresses
out of OFW.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579