OFW_NEWPCI dmesg diffs

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Tue Jul 1 21:09:09 PDT 2003

Marcel Moolenaar wrote this message on Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 21:01 -0700:
> BTW: vmstat -i doesn't work:
>
> sparc% vmstat -i
> interrupt                     total       rate
> Total                             0          0
> sparc%

I have patches to fix this.

But, I the problem is that both soft interrupts and vector interrupts
are useful to know.  All vector interrupts are dispatched via soft
interrupts, so if we count both, the interrupt count is double.  We
need soft interrupts if we want to see the clock ticking.

bash-2.05b$ vmstat -i
interrupt                     total       rate
stray                             1          0
pil                               1          0
ithrd pil2                    69163         16
gem0 vec2012                  27748          6
gem1 vec1990                     70          0
atapci0 vec1996                41345          9
tick pil14                   421278         99
Total                        559606        132

notice that ithrd is equal to gem0 + gem1 + atapci0.  pil is the
priority interrupt level (aka soft interrupts).

Comments?  Do we count both? or not include soft interrupts? or not
include the ithrd pil?

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579