FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on SunFire V100

Maxime Henrion mux at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 28 07:18:55 PDT 2003

Rob MacGregor wrote:
> >From: Pete Bentley <pete at sorted.org>
> >
> >Really?  Not on my X1 it doesn't...
> >
> >You *did* set the MAC address to something non-zero before trying
> >that, right?
>
> Yeah.  I tried with and without.  No matter what I do after a ping, even a
> single ping packet, it does:
>
> IOMMU fault virtual address 0x63206000
> panic: pcib: uncorrectable DMA error AFAR 0xc0758818 AFSR 0x4100ff0060800000
> cpuid = 0;

You need -CURRENT for the dc(4) driver to have a chance to work on
sparc64.  I have converted it to the busdma and made it endian-clean
after 5.1-RELEASE, and without these modifications it has 0 chances of
working, hence why it wasn't included in 5.1-RELEASE GENERIC kernel.

You'll still have the MAC address problem though.  That should be fixed
hopefully sometime soon.

Cheers,
Maxime