cross build

Jake Burkholder jake at locore.ca
Fri Apr 11 12:55:49 PDT 2003

Apparently, On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 03:06:53PM +0900,
	Hidetoshi Shimokawa said words to the effect of;

> Is cross compile for sparc64 binaries on FreeBSD-4 i386 supported?
>
> I could do it a weeks ago but now I failed with the following error.
>
> TARGET_ARCH=sparc64 make -j2 buildworld

How old is your 4.x box?  You may have to upgrade to a recent -stable to
cross build.  There's been some dispute about what versions of 4.x cross
builds are to be supported on, and I think recently certain commits which
made it possible to cross build on older versions of 4.x were backed out.

If it doesn't work with top of tree -stable I suggest email ru at .

Thanks,
Jake