Trimming down FreeBSD

Rajkumar S rajkumars at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:02:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am testing with NanoBSD with configuration appended at end of this
mail. Currently the image is about 68M. When I checked there are about
11M in /usr/include, and another 11M in /usr/share/. in that 2.5M
/usr/share/groff_font, 1.5M    /usr/share/examples etc could be
trimmed. Which options needs to be given to remove these directories
from the build? Does't NO_TOOLCHAIN take care of /usr/include ?

with regards,

raj

My current build configs are:

NANO_NAME=custom
NANO_SRC=/usr/src
NANO_KERNEL=MYCONF
NANO_IMAGES=2

CONF_BUILD='
'

CONF_INSTALL='
'

CONF_WORLD='
NO_ATM=YES
NO_BIND=YES
NO_BIND_DNSSEC=YES
NO_BIND_ETC=YES
NO_BIND_LIBS_LWRES=YES
NO_BIND_MTREE=YES
NO_BIND_NAMED=YES
NO_BIND_UTILS=YES
NO_BLUETOOTH=YES
NO_CVS=YES
NO_DICT=YES
NO_FORTRAN=YES
NO_GAMES=YES
NO_GCOV=YES
NO_GDB=YES
NO_GPIB=YES
NO_HESIOD_LIBC=YES
NO_HTML=YES
NO_I4B=YES
NO_INFO=YES
NO_IPFILTER=YES
NO_KERBEROS=YES
NO_KLDLOAD=YES
NO_LPR=YES
NO_MAILWRAPPER=YES
NO_MAN=YES
NO_MODULES=YES
NO_NIS=YES
NO_OBJC=YES
NO_P1003_1B=YES
NO_PAM=YES
NO_PROFILE=YES
NO_TOOLCHAIN=YES
NO_USB=YES
NO_VINUM=YES
NO_SENDMAIL=YES
NO_SHAREDOCS=YES
NO_RESCUE=YES
IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT=yes
IP6FIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT=yes
'

FlashDevice SanDisk 1G

cust_nobeastie() (
    touch ${NANO_WORLDDIR}/boot/loader.conf
    echo "beastie_disable=\"YES\"" >> ${NANO_WORLDDIR}/boot/loader.conf
)

customize_cmd cust_comconsole
customize_cmd cust_install_files
customize_cmd cust_allow_ssh_root