Web site updated...

Chad R. Larson chad at DCFinc.com
Fri Jun 2 21:55:24 PDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 10:45:31AM +0900, gnn at freebsd.org wrote:
> At Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:52:55 +0200,
> Dario Freni wrote:
> > Aren't Soekris/WRAP boards, based on x86 platform, considered "embedded"?
> >

> Yes, but for the moment the new targets are ARM and MIPS.  I'll add
> x86 as well, but later.  In the embedded world the x86 parts still are
> not dominant due to issues with power and heat and the fact that the
> x86 mainstream is not targetted at that market.  This is why Intel
> does ARM as well, to cover the embedded space.

Actually, Soekris uses the AMD Geode (formerly National
Semiconductor) x86 PC on a chip, not Intel.  They burn around 7
watts, I believe.

So much for power and heat.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)       602-264-5009       chad at DCFinc.com
Else:   chad at larsons.org   http://public.xdi.org/=Chad.R.Larson