diskless (or rather, readonly)

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sat Aug 12 11:57:13 UTC 2006

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, James Mansion wrote:

 > >someone else to dig into your problem.  What you're saying is "My
 > >time is more important than your time, so do the stuff I want done
 > >for me."
 >
 > What I'm saying is 'If the documentation is out of date, then
 > delete it so it doesn't waste my time and don't be an ass by
 > suggesting that I write some more'.  If there isn't any, be
 > straight and I'll know to look elsewhere.

Mark and Chad have been incredibly polite in trying to help you to
understand how things work in FreeBSD land, apparently to no avail.

Who's wasting whose time?  Take your own advice, look elsewhere.

 > >    http://m0n0.ch/bsd/
 >
 > Thank you I'm aware of that.  I was asking whether the documentation
 > I found on freebsd.org really is out of date crap.  The answer is 'yes',
 > at least for the current release, and some of the articles.  They
 > should be removed.

'Somebody should!'  "You people should fix it up for me!"  "Waaa!"

 > As it is, the linux-live scripts are attractive if there isn't
 > a 'flick this switch and it happens by magic'.  I had thought
 > there was such a thing, but clearly not in FreeBSD 6.1, and I don't
 > have time to invent a solution right now.

So go use whatever you fancy better, something with paid support might
suit your attitude.  We really don't mind.  All your other stuff about
competitiveness, market share and the like just isn't what it's about.

Ian