diskless (or rather, readonly)

James Mansion james at wgold.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 6 14:42:51 UTC 2006

Thanks Vlidimir.

> I think rc.diskless2 (and rc.diskless1 ) is 5.X related.

I have to say, one of the things one hears about FreeBSD by
proponents is that the quality of documentation is supposed to be
better than linux.  But it is depressing that when you read
the documentation, you then have to try and work out whether
it applies to 4.x, 5.x or is actually in any way related to
current 6.x systems.

I have a diskless unionfs-based setup for Linux, but I was
hoping to try FreeBSd precisely so I could use a supported
setup.

I've seen all those links before and none of them focus on
a compact-flash install, nearly all of it relates to the
dhcp/bootp/nfs stuff. :-(

James